The 2nd Basic Colposcopy Course
Colposcopy Workshop Protocol The Colposcopy workshop is composed of two parts: theoretical and practical.
On the theoretical part, we would cover the required knowledge as shown in the following table of lectures. It would be divided into lectures on the 2 days of the workshop. Each lecture should last 30 minutes followed by 10 minutes’ discussion.
On the second half of the day, following the lectures, the trainees should practice Colposcopy procedures on pelvi-trainers and cervical models. On the first day, they should practice the technique of diagnosis and biopsies.
The target of day -1 training is to know how to diagnose the cervix with its abnormalities safely and successfully and to perform systematic examination of the cervix, vagina and vulva.
On day-2 practice, trainees would be given the chance to perform diagnostic, excision biopsies and how to apply local anaesthesia.
Each workshop accepts a maximum number of 30 candidates per course to give them the best chance of training and practice.
Venue: Princess Fatma Academy (NTI) - ESCCP Center
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Date : 4 - 5 / 3 / 2022
- 0800 Registration
- 0830 coffee, light breakfast
- 0900 opening session; welcome and agenda of the event,
- 0930 the impact of the cervical cancer
- 1030 Cervical cancer, overview and management of early disease,
- 1100 Coffee break
- 1130 the cervix, applied anatomy and physiology for the colposcopist,
- 1200 The Cervix, cytology and pathology,
- 1300 Lunch
- 1400 HPV primary screening,
- 1430 Management of dyskaryosis,
- 1500 coffee
- 1530 glandular neoplasia,
- 1600 practical,
- 1730 conclusion
- 0830 Coffee
- 0900 summary of the previous day, interactive session,
- 0930 The HPV and vaccination,
- 1030 The role of colposcopy in other conditions, pathways for postcoital bleeding,
- 1130 coffee
- 1200 the Vulva disorders,
- 1300 lunch
- 1400 standardisation in colposcopy, training, audit and quality control,
- 1500 practical,
- 1600 coffee, interactive sessions and certificates
- 1800 faculty event
Course lead :
Lead colposcopist in Ahmed Maher Teaching Hospital ( Cairo, Egypt)
President of ESCCP
BSCCP Num: 6938
Supporting Faculty :
Consultant of gynaecology
Head of departments of OBS & Gyn El-Galaa Teaching Hospital
Course coordinator :
Consultant of gynaecology El-Galaa Teaching Hospital ( Cairo , Egypt )
Lead of minimal access surgery in gynaecology